Tactical Emergency Casualty Care
Friday, January 13, 2023 -- 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Training Provided by Texas Police Chiefs Officer Safety Committee’s VINCIBLE and Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TMLIRP).
Hosted by Blinn College
The Texas Police Chiefs Association's (TPCA) Officer Safety Committee VINCIBLE Program in partnership with the TMLIRP will be providing two (2) Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) courses in Brenham on Friday, January 13, 2023. This registration is for the afternoon class: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.. The course fee covers the cost of a fully-equipped Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK).
Each officer successfully completing the course will be issued a fully outfitted Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) that includes chest seals. Officers will receive 4 hours TCOLE credit for successfully completing the course.
Topics covered during the training include:
- Patient Assessments (BATH)
- Pressure points and direct pressure usage to control hemorrhage
- Tourniquet nomenclature and usage
- Chest seal familiarity and usage
- Junctional injury interventions
- Role of hypothermia in bleeding control
- Lift, drag, and carry techniques to aid extraction
The class will include practical exercises that are rooted in VINCIBLE cornerstones and will be “hands-on.”
It is suggested that officers attend in their duty uniforms and bring any currently carried IFAKs or tourniquets with them to class; however, classroom training attire is sufficient. No weapons are required, and all weapons will be secured during the practical exercise portion of the course.
We expect these classes to fill up quickly, so do not wait!
- Stan Standridge, Texas Police Chiefs Association Officer Safety Committee Chair
- Terry Nichols, Chief of Police (Ret.)
- Coby Briehn, Paramedic and law enforcement officer